January 7, 2009

Why I'm Tired This Evening

I had the H2 breath test this morning and I'm tired. Not because of the test (which is easy but boring) but because I had to get up early and leave the house at 6 AM. I only had about 4 hours of sleep, and the drive was stressful because there was cold rain which threatened to turn to ice. The temperature was barely above freezing, there was fog in some places, and the winter sky was very dark. I drove a little below the speed limit because I thought there could be black ice on the road. It takes an hour to get to Winchester, and I fasted overnight so I was a bit hungry.

Frank did not go with me because he had a dental appointment scheduled for 10 AM in Mt. Jackson. My test lasted a little over 3 hours. I had to breath into a tube every 20 minutes. There was a liquid to drink after the first breath was put into the machine to be analyzed. It has a form of sugar in it; enough so that I didn't suffer from hunger. With luck, I'll obtain the results tomorrow.

This afternoon I had a physical therapy appointment at 2:30. It's been a busy week for appointments. On Monday Frank saw his primary care physician in the morning and I saw the podiatrist in the afteroon. Yesterday I saw the orthopedic doctor. Today we had the 3 appointments I mentioned. On Friday Frank sees the audiologist. Tomorrow is our only free day. Normally I would have yoga on Thursdays but attendance has been so low that classes will not be held in the resort this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.