December 11, 2008

Zoolights

lightsPart One of our visit to Zoolights in Tacoma:
The zoo is decorated with colorful holiday lights in various configurations including animal outlines. The most fun ones are animated! The display uses LED lights and they are sharper without the halo that you see around incandescent bulbs, so they don't look as warm as the Christmas lights I''m used to. But they are bright and entertaining.


I snapped several photos that were badly blurred like the one on the left. The exposures were long because of the darkness, and I have a slight tremor that seems magnified now that my right shoulder is (still) weak, so the only steady pictures were ones where I found a post to hold the camera on.

In daylight, I compensate by taking duplicate pictures so that one is likely to be sharp. I really need to use a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.