November 3, 2008

Landing at Grant County Airport

Here we see Petersburg, West Virginia from the air.

Below is a photo I took through the windshield of the plane. It's not a clear picture due to reflections and distortions, but I wanted to show you something. In the center you see a dark streak which is the propeller in motion, blurred and almost transparent. But what interests me is that while we were aloft I could not see the propeller (it was moving so fast), yet when I held the camera up and looked at the LCD screen the propeller was plainly visible, even more so than in this picture. Apparently the digital camera was stopping action even though I was not pressing the shutter button.

Seems like the camera is working hard whenever it is turned on... no wonder the batteries run down so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.