October 6, 2008

Portrait Trick

We liked the way a picture of Frank leaning on top of my car came out so we tried the technique again, trading places. This is a variation of a portrait photographer's trick: having the subject lean on a mirrored horizontal surface, to reflect light back into the face and at the same time add visual interest with the reflection.

Years ago I worked for Sears Portrait Studio and Lee's Photography and I haven't forgotten everything I learned yet. I don't mean to imply that the two studios are similar though - at Sears we made nice family photos but Suna Lee is an artist.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that trick would work with my car.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.