July 10, 2008

The Egret Flies

egretI learned a couple of years ago that it's no use trying to focus on a bird in flight. I'm not that fast, and autofocus is even slower. So now I focus on the background ahead of time. 
 
Still, a bird flying is moving pretty fast, so getting an image that's not totally blurred is challenging. I'm pleased with the one below - what marvelous wings he has!

egret flying
The egret flew from one spot to another several times while I was taking his picture. I don't think I upset him much; he seemed pretty calm until a family with children showed up. Then he took off to find a less crowded area.
Assateague Island, Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.