September 22, 2026

Autumn Already?

Today is the official start of autumn. I am not ready for summer to end. I like the long days!

Appropriately, it was cool and rainy all day. I happened to have two medical appointments scheduled in Harrisonburg, so I didn’t particularly miss the sunshine. The rain was fairly light, and driving in it was not a problem.

My visit with the rheumatologist ended on time, so I wound up with an hour to spare before the next appointment. I took some pictures, in spite of the weather. By the way, I like Dr. Maleki, even though appointments must be booked four months ahead. I was a surprised when he suggested a referral for sleep apnea, but it’s worth a try. I don’t think I have trouble sleeping, but I do get very tired and sometimes sleepy during the day.

Some photos from today:





Why did I take a picture of elevator doors? It was to remind me to tell friends who might not already know that restrooms are usually located near the elevators. This is because in multi-story buildings, the elevator shaft is very strong, and that type of support is used for securing the plumbing. Knowing this has saved time for me more than once.

6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the flowers and photos. I hope all your appointments went well. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, Dave Collins, whose pictures are sometimes featured on my blog, is a retired rheumatologist. Just out of curiosity I will ask him about the sleep apnea referral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...interesting about the restrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a source of great knowledge! Plumbing today...! I've had a couple of sleep studies, and they are worth doing...and I'm glad you're considering the possibility that apnea might be behind the tiredness. C-PAP help has definitely ben a good idea for my life, but I still take naps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns out that the first available appointment with the sleep clinic is April 6th!

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos, Linda. And so nice of you to share the photo of the elevators so that people will know where to find restrooms!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.