August 20, 2026

Dark Clouds, Silver Lake

Dayton, VA


This afternoon, dark clouds signaled that rain was coming, but it didn’t start until tonight. So far, it hasn’t amounted to much.


14 comments:

  1. ...but an inch is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your eyes I hope they feel better soon. Pretty pictures! We had rain last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you got a little bit of rain. Maybe you'll get more later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your eyes. I hope they are better now. And that you got rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! I did not even intended to type the phrase about my eyes hurting. I was getting eye strain from looking at the screen and I complained out loud and the dictation picked it up. I didn’t see it until later.

    I really need to turn that mic off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Linda,
      I'm glad to read that your eyes are ok!
      As for your shots, they never fail to charm me, thank you for sharing the beauty you catch.
      XO Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~

      Delete
    2. I went back and took out the complaint about my eyes. I probably would have proofread the post one more time if they weren’t bothering me.

      Delete
  6. Pretty views of the lake! I hope your eyes feel better. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad tired eyes only, and silly mike capturing every word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when voice dictation pick up things it shouldn't, but I'm glad it was just eyestrain. I hope you get more rain soon. It's scary what climate change is doing to our rainfalls everywhere. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.