Next we see a bird that I noticed when I was walking Charlie. It was singing, and was shaped like a robin, but I wasn’t positive until I cropped and lightened an alternate picture. I usually try to take two pictures of a subject in case one of them is blurred. This also gives me an extra shot for experimenting.
August 19, 2026
Birds and Alternate Versions
When I was leaving the place that I showed in yesterday’s post, I noticed this tall tree with crows perched on the upper branches. I snapped a few pictures, so below is an alternate shot, which I cropped for a closer look.
Next we see a bird that I noticed when I was walking Charlie. It was singing, and was shaped like a robin, but I wasn’t positive until I cropped and lightened an alternate picture. I usually try to take two pictures of a subject in case one of them is blurred. This also gives me an extra shot for experimenting.
Labels:
Birds,
Farms,
Photo Techniques,
Skies,
Trees
10 comments:
The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.
Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!
Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Linda, the first photo is fantastic
ReplyDelete—it’s reminiscent of Hitchcock movies!
Thank you!
That first one is a lovely photo. With birds I tend to take quick photo, in case it flies off. Then I try to get closer which doesn’t always work.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful photos
ReplyDeleteThe first photo is a favorite and I love Robins!
ReplyDeleteTake care, enjoy your day!
And that’s why it’s good to have a camera at hand.
ReplyDeleteDear Linda, taking two photos just to be safe is definitely a good idea. (In my experience, it doesn't always work with birds – poof, and they're gone! 😅 – but IF it does work, it can be helpful with ID...)
ReplyDeleteAll the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/sommerliche-tage-2026-ein-bunter.html
...that poor tree has seen better days.
ReplyDeleteMoments... for rememberings.
ReplyDeleteGreat bird shots.
ReplyDeleteI like the sky in your first photograph.
ReplyDeleteThank you for highlighting the tree and the birds in your 2nd, 3rd and 4th photographs.
All the best Jan