September 1, 2026

Rest Area, Mile 262 South

Theme: Travel


The state of Virginia encourages tourism, which is an important part of the economy. They maintain some pretty nice rest stops, where you can take a bathroom break, walk your dog, check a map, eat a picnic, or take a nap in your car. 


I don’t have the stamina for long trips anymore. I enjoy day trips, although sometimes I need to rest the next day. I travel by car. I haven’t flown in a plane in years. I don’t mind flying except for feeling crowded, but the rushing, standing, and waiting in airports is not fun.

For a while, I thought that self-driving cars would be available before I got too old to drive, but now I’m not so sure. What I really want is a self driving RV… or a chauffeur!


2 comments:

  1. Rest stops while travelling are important!
    Wishing you a happy and peaceful month of September.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.