August 6, 2026

New Market Picnic and Silver Lake Mill

Today Peggy and I met Lynn for a picnic lunch. There’s a sign about the Civil War Battle of New Market because this was the place where Confederate General Breckinridge launched the first attack of the battle.


After a leisurely lunch and conversation, I drove Peggy to Silver Lake in Dayton.





The Virginia Quilt Museum is there, and I wanted to see the exhibit, "250 Quilts Commemorating the Commonwealth of Virginia." These are contemporary quilts, and they are fabulous!








8 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Great photo of Peggy and Lynn. I love the waterfalls.
    The quilts on display are beautiful.
    Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife, a quilter, would have been in seventh heaven at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when quilts are exhibited in a museum.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun outing. Beautiful skies, and I love the waterfall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great show, I'd have spent hours there. What does the rest of Lynn's tee-shirt say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Be a Jimothy.” (If you haven’t seen the popular raccoon, look up Jimothy.)

      Delete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.