August 8, 2026

A Busy Beagle Week

A Report from Charlie


My week started out rainy. We need the rain, but I don’t like getting wet. On Sunday, we went to Seven Bends State Park when the rain went away for a little while. We did not stay long because the rain was coming back again.


On Monday, we went outside and I saw my friend Tripod. 



Late that afternoon, my Aunt Peggy came to visit! The next day, we went to the National Forest for a walk, and then we went to the mountains. 


I got to walk on the Appalachian Trail! 



I could smell some animals. We saw deer along Skyline Drive.



That reminds me, Mom wants me to show critters for Eileen’s blog hop. Here’s a bug on a leaf.


Aunt Peggy left on Friday. I miss her because we had good times. 


Today Mom took me to the dog park in Mount Jackson. We saw cows along a back road.


There were no other dogs playing. I did meet a white dog when we first got out of the car, but he was leaving to go home, so we had to say goodbye. 


So long!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Skyline Drive is such a special place, and those shots of the deer and the fawn are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Love the Charlie photos, cute one with the kitty.
    The deer are sweet critters.
    The cow looks huge! Great photos.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy week ahead! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all lovely photos! Good that you had some rain. We haven't had any for weeks and it's badly needed.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.