This Northern Cardinal appeared in my yard and I grabbed a picture with my cell phone. I hoped to get a clearer shot but it flew away.
I’m pleased that I accidentally caught it in flight.
There’s a connection between the cardinal and the spotted lanternfly. Cardinals are among the birds that have been seen eating spotted lanternflies, an invasive insect that is considered a pest.



A Northern Cardinal is a welcome visitor to your garden. I hope that it, and other birds too, continue to feed on Spotted Lanternflies and their larvae.
ReplyDeleteI know a certain springer spaniel who also is quite fond of catching Lanternflies. :-)
ReplyDelete...its cousin was outside my yesterday, the Lanternfly is a nightmare.
ReplyDeleteGreat your post! Have a nice day
ReplyDeletefinance
stocks
franchise
Motorcycle Review
Automotive Review
Cars Review
Great captures of your Cardinal. I hope the Cardinals continue to feast on those Lanternflies. Take care, have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, ❤️ Linda.
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs Linda.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Amazing shot.
ReplyDeleteSuper photos. I hope other birds will help with this pesky bug.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful bird, Great clicks.
ReplyDeleteLanternflies looks amazing.
I love Cardinals...this is a good start to my day! Hugs!
ReplyDelete