November 24, 2017

It's Friday (Seems Like Saturday)

It doesn't seem like Friday night because yesterday was a holiday, plus the past couple of days have been so busy that they blur together in my mind. Well, here are five pictures mostly from today. The fifth one is from a few days ago, taken in a supermarket parking lot as I got ready for Thanksgiving.

Tanya has left her blog hop open so I'm joining there and to a few others, starting with Black and White Weekend and Weekend Reflections.

1. The entrance road to our community was blocked by animals as I tried to drive home. Cats, ducks and geese were congregating because they knew a neighbor was coming to feed them. I had to get out of the car and chase a cat out of the road so that I could proceed! A short distance later I stopped and grabbed a shot of a goose and duck hurrying towards the gravel beach to get their share of corn.

2. I drove Marie to the Metro station in Reston this morning. I convinced her to pose there because I wasn't satisfied with the pictures I took of her yesterday. Here she holds the handle of her rolling suitcase.

3. I did a little shopping near there. I was hoping to find some comfortable shoes at a shop on Elden Street but that did not work out. However, I did purchase some things at a nearby pet store and at Mom's (My Organic Market). I was a little surprised by the sign about cartoon characters.

4. Speaking of signs, I spotted this one at the rest area on I-66. Our state's slogan is "Virginia is for Lovers."

5. Finally, here's a sunset viewed from Strasburg.
Sharing with Skywatch and Orange You Glad It's Friday.

9 comments:

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.