October 20, 2017

October Scenes and Memes

Five Pictures for Willy Nilly Friday

1. This picture of the dam in Bridgewater turned out to be monochromatic so I removed what traces of color were left for Black and White Weekend.

2. Here's Lynn on a suspension bridge in Bridgewater, VA. 

Sharing with Weekend Green (Color of Hope)
3. The colors are changing in Shenandoah National Park. I'm sure it will be crowded over the next few weekends. Tip: Avoid the Front Royal entrance on October weekends because traffic backs up.

Sharing with Skywatch and Orange You Glad It's Friday
4. Often I go to events at Cedar Creek Battlefield because it's close to home and I like history. I skipped the reenactment last weekend, which turned out to be a smart move because they had a bomb scare and the audience had to leave abruptly.

I have not seen any updates since the initial news story. People had theories, none of which seemed sensible to me. The reenactments that I've seen were not at all political; they were more like parades. But some of the comments on social media reminded me that some folks are pretty defensive about what their ancestors did during the Civil War. Thoughts about this prompted me to make a meme using one of my photos from a different living history event.

5. I made another meme recently, frustrated but also amused by the way distractions keep derailing conversations. 

11 comments:

  1. I came for SkyWatchFriday and then also got to enjoy your memes. Love the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your black and white. The water looks deeptively soft, so it must be running at great speed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Love the cute squirrel and the fall colors. I was wondering what Shenandoah looked like now, we wanted to drive up there for the day. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shenandoah looks beautiful time of year. I agree with the memes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pics especially the one of the National Park with the trees and mountains.
    Yep, lots of people get defensive about their ancestors nowdays.
    I love your squirrel pic. My late FIL was always saying "Look, a rabbit!" while driving along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice BW of the dam. Suspension bridges scare me. - I try hard to stay out of the "political" mess any more. Just had a friend the other day "unfriend" me because I asked a simple question about a post she made on FB and she took offense over it. - Love that squirrel shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the squirrel and those Autumn (Fall) colours are just amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice fall colors in your middle photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute squirrel and: bomb scares we have too, here so often her in Germany in this days, sigh! The world is no more a peaceful place
    Thanks for joining, enjoy your indian summer

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.