September 25, 2017

Murals and More, Los Angeles


These pictures are already 8 days old. When I go on a photo-intensive trip, it takes a while to catch up on posting pictures.
After I spent a couple of days with Marie, we met up with Frank and his sister at The Last Bookstore in L.A. Marie had to go to work the next day and I spent the remainder of my time in California with Frank and Deborah.

Downtown Los Angeles is a busy place! There are plenty of murals, perhaps because the mild weather means people spend a lot of time outdoors.



Sharing with Monday Murals and Mosaic Monday


Not all of the city is pretty. Actually, most of it isn't, at least to my eyes. We even saw a couple of blocks where tents filled the sidewalks, sheltering people who cannot afford apartments.



18 comments:

  1. Yes it is! I took 2 of my grandkids there last summer and we had so much fun. Love the murals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the murals are brilliant, especially the first one, I could spend a long time looking at her, such amazing eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully not THE last bookshop in LA Linda, that would be sad ☺ Love the street art. I guess most cities have their share of homeless people, shocking really when it happens in 1st world countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely murals.
    It's sad to see homeless people in the bigger cities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first one really grabs your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m glad you finally were able to post these fine shots. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I love the murals. It is sad to see the homeless, I think they are in every city. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice murals Linda. The first one is quite impressive. LA can be overwhelming at times and the homeless share the same problems and issues with others around the world. It sad to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love murals. Like the series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cities are a mixture of beauty and tragedy so many times. The murals are lovely, but it's good to remember the homeless as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, you were spoiled for choice for street art. Fantastic array. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice Mosiacs hope you are having a good week

    much love...

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.