June 27, 2017

Randoms from Peggy's Visit

Random-osity

It's been several days since my sister left but I have a few more photos from her visit. Let's get started.

The Good: I took Peggy and Bill on a Tour de Murals in Strasburg. This latest one isn't even finished yet! I'll have to show it to you later after it's done.


The Random: We had dinner on Thursday at a restaurant at Lake Frederick. Here's a view of the lake.


Unfortunately, dinner did not go well for me. In spite of my clearly stating that I was allergic to pepper, my meal was served with lots of pepper on it. A few bites and I starting coughing! I lost my appetite and sent it back. I wound up not eating until I got home, and then I just had Rice Chex.

The Fun: We went to a music festival on Saturday.


Bonus Shots

We saw plenty of treasures at the Virginia Quilt Museum. There was a display of quilts from the World War I years.

This Red Cross Quilt has a quote above it:
“He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.” 
~ St. Francis of Assisi 

A small room at the museum is filled with shelves of old sewing machines. Some look very much like my mother's old Singer.
For more treasures, see Tom's linkup
For murals, check out Oakland Daily Photo.




8 comments:

  1. ...the bottom one looks like it could belong to an Amish lady. Linda, thanks for sharing this interesting collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such bad service of the restaurant, just awful.
    The music festival sounds like fun indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an old trundle sewing machine I had refurbished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Red Cross quilt really stands out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote above the quilt. The sewing machines are so awesome to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That red cross quilt and quote is very special.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.