November 18, 2016

November Around Here

It's Willy Nilly Friday again.
Skywatch and Orange You Glad It's Friday
1. I was hoping to capture a beautiful sunset from Skyline Drive but our northern section of the park now closes at 5 PM. This makes it simpler for rangers to see that laws against hunting are followed. Normal hours resume after January 8. Anyway, I photographed the sunset from the park entrance in Front Royal.

2. Mersad has challenged us to post a "foggy day" photo. I took this foggy image at Dickey Ridge on November 9th.

3. On that same day, I took other pictures including this reflection at Gooney Run Overlook (named after a river).



4. This is a clipping from an old scrapbook showing my daughters getting 4-H Club awards, along with two other students. At that time we lived in the Delray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia.

5. The final picture shows a sign I saw today not far from our home. It is hand-lettered and the bird pictures are quite nice. It says:
Please do not kill wild birds! excepting trurkeys and common game birds, geese, grouse, etc. Do not shoot crows or vultures!!!


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful, exotic, photos. I love the sign. Somebody really cares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful shots of sky and nature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a diverse set of photos. I like the fog, reflections and sign. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunsets are nice this month and you found a good one. Lots off open land around for me to grab them.I don't want any manmade objects to make it still a nature photo, but it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've passed through this area time and again on trips to somewhere else. I've obviously missed so much. I loved the fog photo. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! The sunset is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loe the picture of the mist

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your photography...and I have to go back and click to expand the view. I know I will love it even more when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed more and more at your stunning shots, their charm catches me, my darling Linda, thank you for sharing them with us !

    Wishing you the most wonderful weekend ever,
    I'm sending my dearest love to you

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the reflections in the water and the great sign. Sweet memories, too. Fun Five... all different. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely selection of photo's.
    The colour of that sky in your first one is just stunning, what a fabulous mix of shades.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. the sunset and foggy day photos look lovely indeed..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your foggy day shot is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 'foggy day' is a great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fog adds an ethereal touch to photos, so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the sunset and fog! ashlyn was in 4h when we lived in georgia and when i pulled out my thanksgiving cookbook that i use every year (it has my menu inside) i saw an invitation to one of her 4h activities from back then, we were kind of on the same wave length! i'm afraid to get out and hike with so many hunters out this time of year..you just can't depend on everyone out there being experienced! interesting bird sign! i hope you had a super thanksgiving linda and thank you for linking up with willy nilly! i'm sorry i missed last week but i have it ready to go for tomorrow, hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.