July 20, 2016

Trail Cam Monochromes

I don't check my trail camera very often because it hasn't captured anything great since a bear came through the yard last year. Mostly we get pictures of geese, a cat, and Frank cutting the grass.

When the light is low, the images switch to black and white.
This cat is a regular visitor.
Movement triggers the camera to take a picture. Sometimes a picture caused by wind or rain is worth saving.

I've got some unrecognizable critters like this one. It could be a possum or raccoon.

What do you think this is?
The next one is shaped like a small deer. I've cropped it for a closer look. The streak that obscures the head is caused by the infrared beam that the camera shoots out.


You may notice that the images say "Camera 1." I don't have a second trail cam, but if I were buying one now I'd probably look for one with a flash. (See this article.)

And finally, this one appears to be a fox. He's shown up on the camera before although I've never seen him in person.


3 comments:

  1. It is fun to see what goes on when you aren't around

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one looks like a possum to me. It's cool to see who and what is passing by when no one else is there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of critters will only come around in the night. I'm thinking that questionable one's a possum.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.