June 21, 2015

Picnic in Shenandoah National Park, 1947


This is from one of my parents' old photo albums. It shows my grandfather, my aunt, my older sister, my brother Rick, me (in a basket!), and my father (reaching down toward me). I assume my mom took this photo.

We often went places on weekends, and Shenandoah National Park was one of my favorites. Now I live fairly close to it and visit there frequently.

The only folks in this photo who are still around are my brother and me. Inevitably our loved ones leave our world and we miss them, although they live on in our memories. Today was Fathers Day. I hope it was a nice one for you.

Sharing with Sundays in My City



5 comments:

  1. A wonderful old family photo. I have some old family shots from Shenandoah too. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the family shot, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good memories here Linda, lovely that you live so close to a favourite park where you shared happy times with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet memories and a treasured family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photo is nothing short of a treasure. Look at you in a basket! How cute?!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.