January 24, 2014

Becoming Patsy Cline

Orange You Glad (You Don't Have to Listen to me Sing)?


We went to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley to see the temporary exhibit, Becoming Patsy Cline.


It gives more information on her career than we gained from the tour of her home. Singer Patsy Cline was from Winchester, Virginia, Virginia. Her life was cut short by a plane crash in 1963.

Although photography is not allowed the exhibit, there's a photo op at the end, complete with props: stringed instruments (sans strings) and a microphone. I had not brought my camera into the museum but Frank took a picture of my with my cell phone camera.

Linking to: Orange You Glad It's Friday

Copyright L. Walcroft.


12 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very vibrant orange, and it looks like a good museum to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a neat exhibit...i loved the movie with jessica lange...cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun stuff. I'd have loved to hear you sing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad LOVED Patsy Cline .
    I have been know to belt out a whole hearted rendition of ~ CRAZY when the mood strikes too.
    Would have loved to hear you sing , Im sure would be
    GREEN ~ with envy .

    GET it" Orange u glad " ~ ... "Green with envy" ...
    okay I am a wee bit corny ~but creative !
    Thanks for the fun share:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Stuff ... Would like to here your Song.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.