September 15, 2013

I Finally Went to Jackson's Mill


I've considered going to Jackson's Mill for several years. It's the boyhood home of Stonewall Jackson and it's in West Virginia just over three hours from home. Yet three hours each way makes a long day trip, but seems a little too short for an overnight trip.

A look at the map told me that we could easily visit there on the way home from Huntington, WV. It's near the town of Weston.

The historic mill area has been built into a living history site. It's part of the Jackson's Mill 4-H Camp and Conference Center.

8 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That looks like an interesting place!

TexWisGirl said...

you are such a history buff. :)

Daisy said...

It's good you finally got the chance to see it.

George said...

Thank you for bringing this site to our attention. I don't know when we'll be in that area, but I would like to visit.

LONDONLULU said...

You made a nice stopover - Stonewall Jackson was a fascinating man!

Gert Jan Hermus said...

What a great scenery! Must be lovely to walk there!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

(Terry) My Journey With Candida said...

3 hours each way does make for a long day... but looks to me like it was so worth it.

Leovi said...

Yes, lovely mill, great photos!