May 31, 2013

Six cents to go...

I'm a member of the Amazon Associates Program, which means I get a small credit whenever you buy something from Amazon through my website. Unfortunately, the profits have been really meager! Over the last 18 months my account has been credit with $9.94 (USD). That's pretty sad! But another six cents in commission and they will send me a gift certificate for ten bucks. Sigh!

And for that I have to keep a disclaimer on my website so readers know I might get something when I mention a book or other item that you can buy at Amazon. Do you think I should drop out of the program? This is a personal blog, not something that's designed to earn money.

In the meantime, here's a link to shopping for Father's Day:  Shop Amazon - Father's Day Shop. (You can also use it to buy other stuff.)

3 comments:

  1. I'd hang in there until I hit the $10 before canceling it. You're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always resisted opportunities to have such a link on my blog, but I agree that you should hang in there until you get that gift certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a link to Amazon on my side bar, but I got rid of it because it wasn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.