March 28, 2011

It Rains in Southern California

We had some good times in Southern California but ... I want to vent about the weather!
Downtown Los Angeles had 2.42 inches of rain on March 20 easily shattering the previous record of 1.48 inches in 1943! (Click for more.)
It was cloudy and cool for most of our visit, and rainy about half the time we were there. On the rainiest day, the wind blew hard and our power was out for four hours.

On our previous trip to California, the weather was uncomfortably hot and nearby wild fires made the air acrid with smoke. I vowed not to go there in summer again. March seemed like a good bet.

I packed for spring weather, expecting temperatures in the 70's and maybe 80's. Ha! Our high was about 62 F.  I had to buy additional warm clothes. Having to shop while on a trip is not really unusual for me; I never seem to pack enough clothes! And I'm not a person who enjoys clothes-shopping; I buy most of my clothing online or from a catalog. (Yes, I wind up with some dowdy clothes. What's wrong with that?)

The picture shown here is a Pasadena street scene. I liked the Electric Vehicle Charging Station sign – I haven't seen this in our area yet.

See also August 2009 and September 2009 posts or all entries tagged California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.