September 24, 2010

Deer in the Driveway


deerWhen we took the dogs outside yesterday afternoon, Flash spotted a couple of deer at the end of the driveway. Of course he barked and the deer strolled away. Since both dogs were on leashes, we were able to get them back indoors without a deer chase.

Later I walked outside again and saw that the deer were back. I got my camera and took some pictures. When they moved slightly out of sight I walked halfway down the driveway to where I could see them and took another one.

In the last photo, note the figure right behind Junior. It's an old concrete deer statue that stands next to our neighbor's driveway. I'd love to know what the young deer thinks of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.