March 19, 2010

One Last Ski Slope Picture

Bryce Resort, Virginia

The ski season is finally over; spring has arrived. I opened this photo yesterday in order to try out a Photoshop plug-in which is supposed to eliminate "noise" from digital images. Skies are my biggest noise problem, and from what I've read are often a challenge as far as showing digital noise. When I zoom in on the sky in a picture I often see blocky blotchy areas especially toward the upper corners of the image.

The plug-in did not perform very well on this sky. Neither did the "noise reduction" filter or "dust and scratches." Finally I smoothed out the blues by selecting the sky using the "magic wand," creating a new layer as a copy of the selection, and saturating it just enough that the blotches faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.