April 11, 2009

30 Years as a College Student

When I got a new wallet, I excavated my old wallet and checkbook. One of the items I dug out was my old student ID card from Northern Virginia Community College. I still take courses there sometimes, but I have a newer ID card now, one with my photo on it.

I started taking classes at NVCC (also called NOVA) back in 1978. Have been taking them ever since, although pretty much just one a year now (the Civil War course, which changes every year).

I downloaded a transcript to see whether I took more photography courses or history courses. The number of courses look close at first glance, but since many of the photo courses were taken under the quarter system and most of the history courses were taken later after the school changed to a semester system, I have 61 history credits and only 34 for photography, at least from NVCC. Even if I add in credits from other colleges, history courses retain the lead.

NVCC has some fantastic courses. Obviously I enjoy them or I wouldn't keeping taking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.