November 22, 2008

A Clock on Javins.com

I checked my site statistics for Javins.com (a site I've had a long time but haven't done much with in recent years). I learned that:
  1. Most visitors type in the URL or use a bookmark
  2. 5% of the visitors come through searching Google
  3. Less than 1% come through Yahoo and Ask Jeeves
  4. A similar number come through a blog in Spain called Bitter and Turbulent.
clock at Orsay in ParisThe fourth one surprised me. I checked it out and found out that the writer linked to this clock picture that I posted in 2000 after our trip to Paris.

The giant clock is on the exterior wall of the Musée D'Orsay but I photographed it from the inside. The Musée D'Orsay is a wonderful place, once an ornate train station and now an art museum.

By the way, I checked on what folks are finding on my pages through Google and many of them are looking for Harpers Ferry and John Brown's Raid. I need to redo that page and move it to CivilWarFieldTrips.com. In the meantime, here's a view of Harper's Ferry (below) taken from Maryland Heights. The walk up to the lookout point is fairly steep so even though I'd like to redo that shot on a sunny day, I doubt that I'll force myself up that trail to do it.

Harpers Ferry, WV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.