March 17, 2008

The Trail Above the Duck Pond

At Shrine Mont, March 14: If you head up the mountain a little way from the pond by the tennis court, you climb up to a rock formation. On the other side of the rock is a wooden stairway going downhill. I'm pretty sure this trail connects with the trail from the stone church.



Ben and I did not try to navigate the stairway. A sudden lunge on his part could pull me down the stairs, and besides, we had walked far enough. We headed back the way we came. My feet slid a little bit on a steep stretch where several inches of leaves covered the trail, but we made it back to the pond without me falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.