May 26, 2007

Recently read (and heard)

I enjoyed the audio book "Gone for Soldiers" by Jeff Shaara. It was an effortless novel to listen to and I finally got a picture of the United States Military Experience in the Mexican War. My particular interest was where crossed the paths of future Civil War officers, such as how Lee met Grant and why he remembered him at Appomattox many years later.

"The Well-Mannered Dog" covers basic dog training and gives some special tips on traveling with dogs. Much of it is basic but I need all the help I can get with Ben's barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.