December 24, 2006

A Christmas Song Written 12/24/06

There are a lot of not-so-good songs being played just because they mention Christmas. So I'm joining them with a couple of holiday verses to be sung to the tune of MacArthur Park.

Christmas is not waiting for us girl
It's just one day ahead
The season's been a frantic dance
With gifts and social swirl.
I know I should be ready
But I haven't had a chance.


The candy canes are melting in the dark
All the sweet red stripes are flowing down
Someone left the sleigh out in the rain
I don't think that I can trust it
The runners are all rusted
And I'll never get them shiny new again
Oh, no!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.